EatAds Promo Video

TGIF!

TGIF!

TGIF!

TGIF!

Quote of the Day

“The man who stops advertising to save money is like the man who stops the clock to save time”

– Thomas Jefferson

Thanks to MediaAvataar.com for the quote.

Why are all the cool kids only talking about digital advertising?

Why are all the cool kids only talking about digital advertising?

Despite the Internet being around for just over two decades, its impact, from an
advertising perspective, has been revolutionary. Ad dollars now are flowing by the
billions into online marketing where terms like CPM (Cost Per 1000 Impression) and
CPC (Cost Per Click) are common in advertising. However, it is interesting that
Internet ad spend for both mobile and wired is still far less than what is spent on
traditional media (Out-of-Home, Print, TV & Radio).

According to PWC’s Global Entertainment and Media Outlook: 2012-2016, Internet
and Mobile advertising in 2011 was only around 18% of total ad spend in 2011 and
projected to be just under 20% in 2012. This leaves nearly 80% of the other ad
dollars spent in traditional media! This same report projects that Internet and Mobile
advertising will barely reach 30% by 2016. Though the growth is strong in the online
segment, it still is not as big or hyped up it’s made out to be.

There seems to be an obvious gap here, but also an obvious opportunity. If we dig a
little deeper and look into how traditional media is bought and sold, we uncover
some interesting insights.

In general, the MNCs of the world will tend to use big media agencies to help them
find the right avenues to advertise. Media agencies assist in creating a campaign,
planning the various distribution channels, and executing the media plan.

While the creatives deserve every bit of credit in fashioning the intended message,
the purchasing of the media space often resides in a grey area. A MNC has no way
of looking discovering advertising distribution channels themselves with the
execption of the digital space. There is no centralized location to see who owns that
Billboard in Lan Kwai Fung or how many luxury magazines exist in India or what are
the viewership stats for Indonesian TV. The MNC relies solely on the media agency
to ensure their ad dollars are spent efficiently and through the right distribution
channels. Often times, despite the sizable budget, MNCs receive neither
transparency nor measurable value for money.

What if you’re an SME looking to advertise your new widget you’ve just
manufactured and can’t afford the steep commissions of top agencies? Trying to
book advertising space locally or abroad by oneself is just like trying to find a house,
book a flight, or source a supplier for steel in China without the Internet.

Traditional Advertising is ripe for change.

It’s surprising that the Internet has transformed and revolutionized so many
industries yet the latest technology to revolutionize the traditional advertising industry
is still the humble telephone. This begs the question to why nothing is being done to
address this obvious problem for advertising.

After having identified this gap in the market, the team at EatAds.com is out to
address this problem. Our website aims to be the online platform for all forms of
traditional media. A place where you can search for your Offline media opportunities in Asia, compare prices, plan and even make an offer.

Traditional advertising is just one of the inefficiencies that exist today and there are
plenty of opportunities out there for the brave to venture into solving. To quote Sir
Richard Branson, “Business opportunities are like buses, there’s always another one
coming.”

Monday Humor – Clever Use of a Billboard

Monday Humor - Clever Use of a Billboard

Happy New Year!

We at EatAds wishes everyone a very happy new year!

We are excited to make great things happen in 2013. Keep an eye on this space for updates coming your way soon.